Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Update

So what's going on right now with the movies? Some people ask me what I've got cooking for next. The answer is-- I don't know. I've got several scripts I've written. I do have an idea for a followup to Imposter. And I've got a possible job writing a movie from someone. So we'll see how it all plays out. We have stuff ready.

We've been working on marketing the Imposter. I've felt very strongly that it's time to get into distribution-- not just making movies, but on getting them out. It's no secret that Hollywood is very, very good and turning a buck on the indie filmmaker's efforts. That's why is more common to see first time filmmaker after first timer. I know of some movies that have made millions and millions, yet the filmmakers walk away with pennies and a promise-- "next time, we'll pay you BIG."

So I've been learning tons about distribution. Getting the DVD's made... to advertising (currently on Facebook and thinking about radio)... to publicity. You can have a great movie, but people have to talk about it and get it out.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty stoked to see the Imposter myself. Trailer looks great. I 've been keeping up with your blog, its fun reading. Good Luck and God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alan! Has your church shown it yet?

    ReplyDelete