Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Putting on a Show

It's a lot of work to put on a show. For some reason I see Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland talking about putting on a show and I don't even remember which movie. ("Babes on Broadway"?).

We are going to have a special screening of "The Imposter" at the home stadium-- Bethesda Community Church in north Fort Worth. It's where I attend and we used the facilities in the making of the movie. The staff has been incredibly helpful then and now. What I want to do is return the favor. Bethesda has been very supportive of Fort Worth Teen Challenge and I had the pleasure of making a video for them last fall. It is a wonderful organization with a powerful mission.

I know in this day and age, giving is down and Teen Challenge is no exception. So this special home field advantage screening-- ALL proceeds from tickets will go straight to Teen Challenge. We suggesting $10, which is about the price of a movie ticket anywhere else in the metroplex on a Friday night. So instead of giving it to Hollywood, why not enjoy the movie and give the whole cost of the ticket to such a worthy cause?

Details:
Friday, April 24, 7pm
Bethesda, 4700 North Beach Street
You can get your tickets by clicking the link at the main website.

I'll be there. Larry, the director of FW Teen Challenge will be there. Hopefully see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment