Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dead Lawyer

"What's the difference between a catfish and a lawyer? One's a bottom-dwelling scum sucker. The other's a fish." -- from the movie "The Doctor."

You don't like my behavior. No problem. Set up rules. Laws. I'll find ways to follow every one of them. Yet still the behavior persists. It's obviation. Look that one up. Us lawyers like to use big words. You don't like the way I'm being selfish by eating out every day for lunch. No problem, I'll be selfish other ways. For every selfish thing you find in me, let's create a rule that I can follow. This presents evidence that I'm in fact, not being selfish.

This is *delusion.* The separating of myself from reality. This is the laywer. This is the Pharisee. He must die. Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment