Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Special Announcement for Rising Stars

I was approached by New York City producer Andrew van den Houten, after he watched "The Imposter" to make a similar movie for the secular high school age. A family movie, driven by music. One of the pleasures I had when making "The Imposter" was being able to combine my love of film and my love of music.

I have grown up on Christian rock. When I was five years old, the records we listened to were Love Song, 2nd Chapter of Acts and later Amy Grant, Keith Green. I listened to easy music like The Imperials and hard music like Rez Band.

So having icons like Kerry Livgren, Jeff Deyo and Kevin Max was a dream come true for me on Imposter. When Andrew basically said go make something like that and has given me a lot of room to do so, I thought it would be great to get another Christian music star to be in this movie. I had met her dad/manager in Nashville last February and he said she was doing more and more movies. So this has really worked out.

Joining our cast for "Rising Stars" is Rebecca St. James. The Australian native has won Dove Awards and has had many hits on the Christian charts. She is starring in several movies that are coming out.

For Rising Stars, she will play the role of "Kari", the dutiful assistant to an uber-agent who is running the whole Rising Stars competition. We are very excited to have her joining our shooting in Dallas-Ft. Worth in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment