Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Controlling Fear

Know anyone who is considered controlling? I think everyone "controls" at some point. And I believe that at some point, if I control often enough, I am a "controller." Just like someone who is a fisherman, fishes a lot more often than once every six months.

Control is not a good thing. Controlling people around you is not a good thing. So what causes me to want to control? What is at the root?

Fear

I control because I am fearful that ______ will happen. If I want to stop controlling, the first step is identifying the fear. Then kill it.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. That person-- the one with power, love and a sound mind, does not sound like a Controller.

I let go of the fear, and the foundation for controlling is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment