Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Letter


I've been traveling a lot lately, so it hasn't been easy to blog. If I were to do a Christmas Letter for my friends, this is what it might look like. A big difference is it's seemingly all about me (especially on a "Kill the Narcisist that's me blog"). The reason is very simple and also applies to Facebook info and pictures as well. As far as my family, my children, I don't publish publicly anything about them. I avoid photos (except the family card here) of them. I don't mention their names. I don't talk about my son's soccer team or my daughters activities. So that doesn't leave much as far as family stories or info to share.

2009 has been a roller coaster year. I started the year with this blog and surprisingly have stayed fairly faithful in posting, averaging more than one every two days. I was in a desert at the beginning of the year, but doesn't seem so hot, dry and dusty now. But I want to remember the desert. It serves as a reminder to not make some destructive choices I seem to make on a daily basis.

In 2009, I shot another movie. It's my fifth and came about fairly quickly. We got the greenlight in May and shot in August. And it's almost done here in December. In movie time, that's lightning quick.

So half of 2009 was devoted to "Rising Stars." When writing/directing.editing a feature, little else is done.

My children are growing up. As I fellowship with other friends and family that have small children, I thought I might wax nostalgic-- but so far, I haven't. I enjoy my family and would now rather be with them than do any business travel alone. When I do travel, instead of spreading a two day trip into three or four, I now work to make it one. Because I want to. Used to not be that way.

So 2010? I hope the sixth movie is shot in 2010. I'm working on a script (titled "72") that would be a strong story and easy to produce for the faith-based market. With Imposter coming out in late February, maybe I can get some traction and quickly raise the money to do this one.

And it will be interesting to see what happens with "Rising Stars." We'll be showing it to distribs in early February. This one has a big chance and I'm very excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment