Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Humility

Humility is a rare thing in my industry.  To make it as a writer/director, you have to push and promote yourself.  You need the "numbers" to show to the Big Dogs who can shovel money your way to make a movie.  But this sounds opposite to what God has told us disciples, right?

God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.  This well known and oft quoted verse in I Peter speaks to the cornerstone of identity.  What is Humility?

As touched on in "The Imposter," I wear masks.  So do you.  As I pull down the masks, revealing who I really am (my true identity), I draw closer to God.  This is not an easy process and it's certainly painful.  But it's good.  (James 1... consider it all joy when you encounter... and Romans 8:28... all things good...).

Humility is understanding and comprehending my true identity.  When I start to see the various shades of evil of my flesh... I understand part of who I am.  When I start to realize that my spirit, my essence, is fearfully and wonderfully made (Ps 139) by God, I understand who I am.

And it's in understanding these things that true Humility is found.  Not the false "worm pride" humility of "oh look at me and how bad I am."  You see, Humility is simply understanding your true identity.

You see, promoting myself in this industry has less to do with pride or humility.  It has to do with mission.

So as I draw closer to God, He reveals masks that need to come off, and in the process I start to understand a little better who I really am-- the result is more humility.  My readers who profess to be Disciples-- draw close to Him.  Spend time communicating with Him.  Devour and study the Word He has left you.

1 comment:

  1. The "I" Must Die!

    In as much as i can 'see',
    That which is of the 'I' in me,

    So it is i yearn, and to Our Father cry,
    For deliverance from all that is of the 'I'.

    The 'I', born of "imag"ination and selfish desire,
    As lust, greed, and pride, stoked a consuming fire ;-(

    A fire burning out of control, as 'I' leads the way,
    It's smoke concealing the fleshly mind that leads one astray ;-(

    Yet even in the smoke, searing heat, and blindness of 'sight',
    Truth can pierce the blackness of darkness, revealing "The Light"!

    And nothing can hide from "The Light", so "Light" reveals the "I",
    Allowing one to "see" clearly, and clearly the "I" must die!

    But to live, yet die, seems an impossible task,
    And so we need of "Our Father", the impossible to ask.

    Help me to "deny myself(die to self)(die to 'I')" Father!

    And as HE Helps, HE reveals more and more of "The Selfless One", The One Who leads His Brethren on "The Way to The Truth of The Life". He Who was, and is The Messiah, The Son of The Only True G-D, Father(Creator) of ALL!

    And as The Messiah desired above all else, so also will His Brethren desire above all else, "Father, not my will, But THY Will Be Done".......

    The poem above was begun in Creel, Chih, Mexico in '92, a time when i sought to live and experience a simple and spiritual life and it was there that i received and embraced Simplicity. Left Mexico in '93, yet returned in '04. Then on 1/26/05 the poem was completed, and 'completion' is near for each and every one of us. And for "the poor and needy", thankfully so.......

    Translated, "corruptible to incorruptible" indeed and Truth.......

    Home at last.......

    Forever free from The "I".......

    All Thanks, Praise and Glory Be Unto "Our Father".......

    And while there is breath(spirit) there is hope many will "see",
    "see" The "I" for what it is, and then desire to be set free!

    And that Spirit that was in The Messiah shall "set you free, free indeed"!

    So, There Is Hope!

    For Miracles do happen.......

    Hope is there would be those who experience The Miracle that is receiving "a love of The Truth" for they will "see" The Light that is The Messiah, they will "see" that The Life is of The Spirit(not seen with the natural eye), and most certainly not of the flesh or fleshly mind("I").......

    Peace, in spite of the dis-ease(darkness) that is of this world and it's systems of religion, for "the WHOLE world is under the control of the evil one"(1Jn5:19) indeed and Truth.......

    Truth IS, a lie is not.......

    (Returned to this place called the u.s. of a. in June of '05, yet a return to the simplicity that is rural Mexico would be welcomed, however, i realize that in all things it must be "Father(Creator) not my will, But THY Will Be Done.......)

    ReplyDelete