Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Identity Crises


My mentor, who is a psychologist (and pastor) and has been counseling for well over twenty years, has stated that everyone's problems boil down to two core issues, once you peel away the onion.

Feelings of Inferiority
Insecurity

These speak to the issue of Identity. After wearing masks so long, the layers of being an Imposter run deep. Some of the masks are easy to let go. Others, as I found this past fall, are deep rooted and painful in pulling off. But the fruit...

So who am I? Psalms 139 is a great place to start if you're asking yourself that question. Read it through. Often. Over and over. I praise You for I am fearfully and wonderfully made... God has made you. God doesn't make mistakes. In the hard place I am at, He has a plan and a purpose-- He knows who I am. It is not by accident I've been placed here. God is a God of Order, not Chaos.

Here's a great definition of Humility-- Confidence in understanding who I really am.

Anyway, hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment