Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Warrior

A friend found this quote a couple of years ago. I think about it often:

"Out of every 100 men, 10 should not even be here, 80 are nothing but targets, 9 are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make." "Ah, but the ONE, ONE of them is a WARRIOR, and he will bring the others back." Heraclitus 500 BC


I apply this in my walk as a disciple of Jesus. I want to be that one. I want to be a warrior in my faith. A true warrior. Not a fake one. One of the key words for a warrior is "discipline." To be that WARRIOR, I will need to be disciplined and will at times be disciplined. Heb 12 reminds me that discipline from the Father tells me I'm His child. And that though painful now, will have lasting fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment