Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Been Away

For a period of time, I wrote this blog fairly regularly-- averaging every other day.  Sometimes as a blogwriter, I wonder what's the point?  Does anyone read them?  I wish I could write with humor and maybe not be so intense.  But that's not who I am.

What has been encouraging is all the emails I've gotten this year from people who have been going back through the archives and reading different entries.  I'm glad for that.  Not sure I'll write with the regularity of the past, but I might not quit cold turkey like I did last December.

I've been working.  Corporate and Commercial work has kicked up.  And suddenly a script I wrote 7 years ago has drawn some new interest.  Perhaps this fall we'll be shooting that movie.

In the meantime, the DSLR craze has renewed my own interest in shooting.  As a Director, more and more over the last decade I've been getting away from actual hands-on shooting.  This season has been one of falling back in love with cinematography.  I've really had a lot of fun going out and shooting the different projects-- be they corporate communications, a commercial spot, or even a music video or two.

I'm in the process of redoing the SFilms website and will probably post more often there on filmmaking techniques, leaving this blog more for the faith-based articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment